eConsulting Group, Inc. is a proud member of a Scrum Alliance’ family of REPs. We strongly support and utilize Agile concepts while providing our consulting and training services. As a result of it, we build our social network Agile and Project Management Experts at Linkedin.com. Please join it and share your Agile experience with us.
Based on the Scrum Alliance, Scrum is an Agile framework for completing complex projects. Scrum originally was formalized for software development projects, but it works well for any complex, innovative scope of work. The possibilities are endless. The Scrum framework is deceptively simple.
Based on the Scrum Alliance, the Scrum framework in 30 seconds should look like this:
- A product owner creates a prioritized wish list called a product backlog.
- During sprint planning, the team pulls a small chunk from the top of that wish list, a sprint backlog, and decides how to implement those pieces.
- The team has a certain amount of time — a sprint (usually two to four weeks) — to complete its work, but it meets each day to assess its progress (daily Scrum).
- Along the way, the Scrum Master keeps the team focused on its goal.
- At the end of the sprint, the work should be potentially shipable: ready to hand to a customer, put on a store shelf, or show to a stakeholder.
- The sprint ends with a sprint review and retrospective.
- As the next sprint begins, the team chooses another chunk of the product backlog and begins working again.
See the Scrum Alliance’ presentation here.
eConsulting Group, Inc. provides following Agile trainings:
- AGE1001 - Agile Expert® - Tools and Techniques
- AGE5001 - Agile Expert® Certificate (5 days, onsite 35 PDUs)
- AGE5000 - Agile Expert® (online video course, 60 PDUs)