Duration: 3 days
In this Microsoft SharePoint training, students will learn how to develop enterprise search applications for Microsoft SharePoint 2010. Topics include: processing data content, configuring Federation, search scopes, managed metadata, linguistics, federated object model applications, custom search applications, extending connectors using SharePoint Designer, and custom connectors using Business Connectivity Services.
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend SharePoint Server 2010.
• Learn the SharePoint search architecture and identify search components.
• Learn to crawl and configure SharePoint sites and file shares.
• Learn to create and configure a search site with out of the box search web parts.
• Learn to create and configure federated locations and federated web parts.
• Learn to implement SharePoint search scopes and managed metadata.
• Learn to configure and customize SharePoint linguistic features.
• Learn to create a search web part using the Federated Object Model.
• Learn to create a Query Web Services client to submit a query and retrieve results.
• Learn to create an External Content Type using SharePoint Designer.
• Learn to create a .NET Assembly Connector using Visual Studio 2010.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies