Duration: 5 days
Learn the fundamental knowledge and skills that you need to build a Windows Server infrastructure with Windows Server 2012.
This five day course provides the networking, security, and system administration information that you need to implement a Windows Server infrastructure. It covers the basics of installation and configuration, storage, network infrastructure, network components, network protocols, server roles, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, IT security, server security, network security, security software, monitoring server performance, and maintaining a Windows Server.
This course includes the foundational level knowledge to prepare students to start a career or cross train in Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
• Learn to perform a local media-based installation of Windows Server 2012.
• Learn to select appropriate storage technologies and configure storage on a Windows Server.
• Learn to describe fundamental network components and terminology so you can select an appropriate network component.
• Learn to implement a network by selecting network hardware components and technologies and determine the appropriate network hardware and wiring components for a given situation.
• Learn to describe the protocols and services within the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite of protocols and implement IPv4 within a Windows Server environment.
• Learn to describe and implement server roles.
• Learn to implement and configure an Active Directory Domain Service (AD DS) forest.
• Learn to describe the concept of defense-in-depth and determine how to implement this approach with Windows Server.
• Learn to identify the security features in Windows Server that help to provide defense-in-depth.
• Learn to identify the network-related security features in Windows Server to mitigate security threats to your network.
• Learn to identify and implement additional software components to enhance your organization’s security.
• Learn to monitor a server to determine the performance level.
• Learn to identify the Windows Server tools available to maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies