Duration: 5 days
This five-day Upgrading Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 instructor-led training class provides existing SQL Server 2008 database professionals with the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced capabilities in SQL Server 2014. The course covers the major advancements made in the SQL Server platform since SQL Server 2008, including new features in the SQL Server 2014 release.
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with SQL Server 2008 and want to update their skills to SQL Server 2014, and become familiar with related Microsoft data technologies.
• Learn to describe key features and capabilities of SQL Server 2014.
• Learn to leverage new and enhanced features to develop database in SQL Server 2014.
• Learn to use in-memory database capabilities in SQL Server 2014.
• Learn to manage SQL Server 2014 by using dynamic management views and PowerShell.
• Learn to implement security in SQL Server 2014.
• Learn to implement high-availability and data recovery techniques in SQL Server 2014.
• Learn to use SQL Server 2014 Integration Services.
• Learn to use SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services.
• Learn to use SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services.
• Learn to manage SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs.
• Learn to implement a tabular data model in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
• Learn to implement a Self-Service BI solution with Microsoft Excel 2013.
• Learn to describe key elements of cloud solutions for data.
• Learn to implement a database in Windows Azure SQL Database.
• Learn to implement a SQL Server database in a Windows Azure virtual machine.
• Learn to implement a Big Data solution with Windows Azure HDInsight and the Windows Azure Marketplace.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies