Duration: 5 days
This Windows Server 2012 training utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs. The course is part one, of a series of three courses, which provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses in total collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of those core services, such as Active Directory Domain Services, networking services, and initial Hyper-V configuration.
The course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience and want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment. Although students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server experience, they must have good hands-on Windows Client experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
• Learn to install and configure Windows Server 2012.
• Learn to describe Active Directory Domain Services and install a domain controller.
• Learn to create and configure user, group, and computer objects.
• Learn to use Windows PowerShell and other command-line tools to create and configure AD DS objects.
• Learn to configure IPv4 for simple scenarios.
• Learn to install and configure a DHCP server.
• Learn to install and configure DNS service.
• Learn to configure IPv6 for simple scenarios.
• Learn to configure local storage on a server.
• Learn to create and secure files shares and shared printers.
• Learn to create and manage Group Policy objects.
• Learn to secure Windows Servers by Using Group Policy Objects.
• Learn to implement Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies