Duration: 5 days
In this ASP.NET MVC training, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework 4.5 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used.
The course will also prepare the student for exam 70-486. This training is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an individual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
• Learn about the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
• Learn to design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
• Learn to create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
• Learn to add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
• Learn to create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
• Learn to run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting.
• Learn to develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
• Learn to implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
• Learn to use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
• Learn to implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application.
• Learn to build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
• Learn to describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
• Learn to describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
• Learn to modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
• Learn to describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies