Duration: 5 days
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to support the Windows 8.1 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 networking environment. This training class is designed for IT professionals who have experience with Windows devices and who work as Windows Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. Through this instructor lead, five day Microsoft Official Course, with extensive hands-on labs you will learn how key components of the Windows Operating system work in order to aid in troubleshooting system problems. How to identify and resolve issues with networking, Windows Store apps, security, group policy, Internet Explorer, remote access, and support of mobile devices.
This course uses new versions of Desktop Optimization Package (MDOP), Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT), Microsoft Message Analyzer, and is the first course that uses the popular Sysinternals tools, and other tools. This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-688, MCSA: Supporting Windows 8.1.
• Learn to describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
• Learn to troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 8.1 system.
• Learn to resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
• Learn to troubleshoot computers remotely.
• Learn to troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
• Learn to troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
• Learn to troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
• Learn to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
• Learn to resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
• Learn to resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
• Learn to troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
• Learn to maintain Windows 8.1 following deployment.
• Learn to design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
• Learn to recover a computer running Windows 8.1.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies