Duration: 2 days
In this 2-day QuarkXPress 9 training class, you will learn the tools and techniques to produce professional-looking layouts. You will start with simple documents, learning the basics of type and page layout, and progress through working with long, multipage documents that incorporate dynamic graphics and effects. You will learn to use more advanced Quark features to improve workflow and efficiency, and how to prepare final art files for hand-off to a vendor.
• Learn to create a single-page document containing text and graphics.
• Learn to create the structure for a multi-page layout.
• Learn to typeset text in a multiple-page document.
• Learn to create tables to hold text and graphics.
• Learn to enhance the readability of a layout.
• Learn to prepare a layout for hand-off to a vendor for commercial output.
• Learn to create graphic effects using Bezier paths, transparency, drop shadows, alpha masks, and picture effects.
• Learn to create type effects so that body text and display type enhance the layout's design.
• Learn to lay out pages efficiently.
• Learn to control type color so that the densities of text blocks are modified as desired.
• Learn to apply color management techniques so that colors on the screen and the output match as accurately as possible.
• Examine different techniques for managing long documents.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies