Duration: 4 days
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
Building supervisory skills is critical to help you and your organization succeed in challenging economic times. This course is designed for helping supervisors develop advanced supervisory and managerial skills such as effective management, performance management, talent management, goal setting, motivation, and leadership development.
• Understanding the supervisory context and the need for holistic development
• Appreciating why organizations need managers and supervisors
• Analyzing the shift from the older to the new model of management
• Stress the importance of accountability for supervisory effectiveness
• Understand the basic management functions – planning, leading, organization and control
• Be confident to manage people who were your former peers
• Building effective team relationships in the workplace – understanding personality and diversity
• Understanding the advantages/disadvantages of different management styles (incl. my own style)
• Being confident to analyze problems and achieve results through planning, prioritizing and monitoring
• Appreciate and apply facilitation skills to overcome communication barriers and improve participation
• Understand and apply key conflict resolution and counselling skills promptly
• Be able to apply effective delegation, feedback and listening skills appropriately with diverse staff
• Be confident to monitor performance and exercise control through corrective strategies
• Managing time, finances and quality through efficient communication
• Understand different personality types and motivate people accordingly
• Taking ownership of my own on going growth and development as a supervisor
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers.
Method of Delivery
• Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies